My Guide Website?
Marrakesh: Moroccan Dishes Cooking Class with a Local Chef147 Reviews
Cook like a local with this half-day cooking class in Marrakesh. Improve your cooking skills as you learn to cook in an authentic way and enjoy all the food made during class.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Marrakech:If youʻre booking your trip to Marrakech last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Delight your taste buds as you enjoy the authentic food that you create
- Learn about Moroccan food traditions and history as you cook
- Make Moroccan tea
- Discover how to shop like a local as you pickup supplies with your guide
- Get recipes that you can make for your friends and family at home
DescriptionAfter meeting at our meeting point, we will have a short tour of a local market near our house to buy vegetables and all the other ingredients we will need to cook (No market tour on Friday afternoon). Afterwards, we go home, and the first thing we do is teach you the traditional way of making Moroccan mint tea. And of course, we drink tea while we get to know each other. The next step is to start the cooking process, where travelers learn new techniques for peeling, chopping, and seasoning the tagines with the right spices, as our grandmothers and mothers do at home. And we usually make 3 to 4 different dishes so that you learn more things in one single class. While we are cooking, we will talk in depth about Moroccan cultures, traditions, and history. Travelers will work together as one team to make different dishes, and this helps them learn more dishes than just one specific dish by using different spices and we also cook vegan, vegetarian, and glutin-free food. The cooking class lasts 4 hours from the time we meet to the time you eat, and of course, as you are on holiday, we are not stressed with the time; you feel like you are home. At the end of the class, it is time to taste and eat what you have cooked, and usually in the evening we share a link to our website where you can find recipes for the dishes we make and many other dishes.
IncludesGuide Cooking class Meal and bread Water and tea
- Kids are allowed in the cooking class (+6)
- No market tour on Friday afternoon
- Dishes are made collectively
- The class occupancy is 12 people but it is limited to 10 for any unexpected overbooking