My Guide Website?
From Marrakesh: 3-Day Trek to Mount Toubkal1 Reviews
On this 3-day trek, you will climb to the peak of Mount Toubkal, the highest peak in North Africa. You will be transported to and from the excursion from Marrakesh and will be led by an expert local guide.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Marrakech:If youʻre booking your trip to Marrakech last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Climb to the peak of Mount Toubkal, the highest peak in Northern Africa
- Discover traditional shrines and villages along the way
- Relax as you are transported to and from the excursion from your hotel in Marrakesh
DescriptionOn the first day, you will be picked up from your hotel in Marrakesh and transferred to the starting point. You will begin the ascent, passing the village of Aremd and the Sidi Chamarouch shrine before crossing floodplains and heading to the rocky cliffs above the valley. You will have a chance to marvel at the stunning views before stopping for the night in a refuge. On the second day, perhaps the most exciting day of the trip, you will climb to the summit of Toubkal, the highest peak in Northern Africa. This can be a challenging walk with some scree and high altitudes. However, the breathtaking views will make everything worthwhile. You can see from the Marrakesh Plain to the High Atlas Mountains in the North and the Anti-Atlas and the Sahara Desert in the South. You will retrace your steps to return back down the mountain and spend the rest for the night at the refuge. On the final day, you will eat some breakfast before a relaxing walk back down the mountain to Imlil. Rest as you are driven the hour and a half back to Marrakesh.
IncludesTransport to and from the excursion from your hotel in Marrakech A local guide 2 nights accommodation at the Toubkal Refuge
- Please bring along suitable clothes for the climb. This includes good walking boots, a small day backpack, a sleeping bag, a hat, a waterproof jacket, sunglasses, sunblock, a headlamp, and gloves.
- Please be aware that on day one, there will be approximately 5 hours of walking. On day two there will be 5-7 hours and on the final day, there will be 4-5 hours.