My Guide Website?
3 Days Sahara Tour From Marrakech To Merzouga Desert3 Reviews
In this 3 days you can explore the south-east of Morocco for a wonderful journey through Atlas Mountains, Kasbah Ait Benhaddou, landscapes of Todra valley and the magic land of Sahara desert dunes
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Marrakech:If youʻre booking your trip to Marrakech last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Cross the majestic Tizi N Tichka Pass the highest road in North Africa
- Visit the splendid Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou, listed by UNESCO as world heritage.
- Admire the landscape of the: high walls of Todra canyons, palm oasis & valleys
- Enjoy a beautiful sunset and sunrise over the golden dunes of Merzouga Desert
- Stroll the Erg Chebbi dunes by camels and spend a night under nomadic tents
DescriptionTake advantage of the best morocco desert trips and enjoy 3 days of travel in the heart of the Sahara desert. A route that takes us to the largest dunes of Merzouga desert, passing through the Atlas mountain, Ouarzazate, the oasis of green palm trees, the beautiful Kasbahs, the Berber villages, and Valleys, it is a good opportunity for those who love to Sleep in desert camps under the stars and watch the Berber folklore music. You will never be bored as you will be busy admiring one scene after another. The dramatic landscape change is amazing. Day 1: Marrakech – High Atlas – Ait Benhaddou Kasbah – Ouarzazate – Tinghir Departure of our 3 days from Marrakech to Sahara desert tour, in the morning around 7H30 am, our driver picks you up from your accommodation and drive through the Atlas Passes. On the road we will make stops to enjoy the stunning views of the Atlas Mountains and Tizi N’tichka pass (2260m). Continuing our trip along little Berber village of Telouet and Ounila valley to reach Ait-Benhaddou Kasbah. This fortified walled city was built right on the caravan path between Marrakech and the Sahara and was once a thriving trading post during the 17th century. Inside the high mud walls are 6 Kasbahs and a small number of homes. Ait Benhaddou has appeared in several movies, including Gladiator & Lawrence of Arabia. After lunch and visit of the Kasbah we will drive to Boumalne Dades city though Ouarzazate, famed as the Hollywood of Africa, where we will stop to visit Atlas Studios and Kasbah Taourirte. Later drive via palm groves of Skoura and valley of Roses. In the evening reach to Tinghir with its beautiful valley where we will spend the first night, dinner and overnight in a Hotel / or Riad. Day 2: – Tinghir – Todra Gorges – Erfoud – Erg-Chebbi - Overnight in Desert Camp Merzouga After a traditional Moroccan breakfast we will start Sahara desert tour, from Tinghir to Merzouga. In Boumalne we’ll enjoy the panoramic views of Dades valley. After that we will drive to Tinghir city where we can stop in the stunning Todra valley, lined with Berber villages and palm groves. Then, continuing to Todra Gorge a chilly and natural place with it orange towering cliffs, the canyons of Todra Gorge are almost 1,000 feet deep. Also it’s a preferred place for the climbers, where we will take time to discover this incredible place. In the afternoon we continue our road to Sahara desert along many Berber villages such as: Tinjdad, Melaab and Erfoud. You will have time for Lunch on our way. Once we arrive to the magical land of Erg-Chebbi sand dunes, you will take a camel trekking about 1:30 mim, across the beautiful unique orange colored sand dunes to desert camp. The great experience where you can feed your soul, enjoy the wonderful sunset from the middle of dunes. Dinner & overnight will be in camp, music played and you can frolic on the sand dunes under zillions of stars. Day 3: Merzouga – Ouarzazate – High Atlas – Marrakech Early wake up in the morning to enjoy a spectacular sunrise over the golden sand dunes of Erg Chebbi and enjoy also atypical breakfast in a Berber tent, then ride camels back to the hotel in Merzouga village where you will meet your driver/guide for a new journey back to Marrakech.
IncludesPick up in & drop off in your accommodation. Comfortable with air-conditioned vehicle . Driver guide during the tour. First night in the hotel Private Room Overnight in desert camp Private Tent 2 Breakfast and 2 dinner (vegetarians are welcome). Camel ride for sunset and sunrise (one camel each) Drop off at your Marrakech hotel or the closest accessible location to your riad if not car accessible.
- * Pick-up & drop-off at any accommodation in town or at the closest meeting point that is accessible by vehicle * This is a shared tour with maximum 17 participants * Your luggage is welcome on this Marrakech to Merzouga trip. It will be safely stored in the van while camping in the desert * Please prepare a small backpack or rucksack for the camel ride and overnight in the camp. * Warm blankets are supplied during the winter. However, warm sleeping clothes are necessary as temperatures can reach 0°C * On the final day from merzouga desert to Marrakech is approximately 10 hours * The drive on day 3 from Erg Chebbi to Marrakech is quite long please be prepared * If you wish to experience sandboarding in the dunes of Erg Chebbi, there are a few sandboards in the lodge to take with you to the camp. Just ask for it; if available, you will be given one.