My Guide Website?
Marrakech to Fes 3 days Sahara tour via merzouga desert2 Reviews
In these 3 days you can explore the high Atlas Mountains, the ancient village of Ait Benhaddou Kasbah, landscapes of Todra valley, Todra gorges and the magical sand dunes of Sahara desert.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Marrakech:If youʻre booking your trip to Marrakech last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Cross the majestic Tizi N Tichka Pass the highest road in North Africa
- Visit the splendid Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou, listed by UNESCO as world heritage.
- Admire the landscape of the: high walls of Todra canyons, palm oasis & valleys
- Stroll the Erg Chebbi dunes by camels and spend a night under nomadic tents.
- You can stop everywhere to take memorable photos
DescriptionDay 1: Marrakech – High Atlas – Ait Benhaddou Kasbah – Ouarzazate – Valley of Roses – Tinghir Departure of our 3 days from Marrakech to Fes desert tour, in the morning around 7h30 am, and drive through the Atlas Passes. On the road we will make stops to enjoy the stunning views of the Atlas Mountains and Tizi N’tichka pass (2260m). Continuing our trip along little Berber villages and valleys to reach Ait-Benhaddou Kasbah. This fortified walled city was built right on the caravan path between Marrakech and the Sahara and was once a thriving trading post during the 17th century. Inside the high mud walls are 6 Kasbahs and a small number of homes. Ait Benhaddou has appeared in several movies, including Gladiator & Lawrence of Arabia. After lunch and visit of the Kasbah we will drive to Dades though Ouarzazate, famed as the Hollywood of Africa, where we will stop in Kasbah Taourirte. Later drive via palm groves of Skoura and valley of Roses. In the evening reach Tinghir where we will spend the first night, dinner and overnight in a Hotel / or Riad. Day 2: Tinghir – Todra Gorges – Erfoud – Erg-Chebbi Sand Dunes of Merzouga After a traditional Moroccan breakfast we will start Sahara desert tour . After that we will drive to Tinghir city where we can stop in the stunning Todra valley, lined with Berber villages and palm groves. Then, continuing to Todra Gorge a chilly and natural place with it orange towering cliffs, the canyons of Todra Gorge are almost 1,000 feet deep. Also it’s a preferred place for the climbers, where we will take time to discover this incredible place. In the afternoon we continue our road to Sahara desert along many Berber villages such as: Tinjdad, Melaab and Erfoud. You will have time for Lunch on our way. Once we arrive to the magical land of Erg-Chebbi sand dunes, you will take a camel trekking about 1:30mim, across the beautiful unique orange colored sand dunes to desert camp. The great experience where you can feed your soul, enjoy the wonderful sunset from the middle of dunes. Dinner & overnight will be in camp, music played and you can frolic on the sand dunes under zillions of stars. Day 3: Merzouga – Ziz valley– Middle Atlas Mountains – Midelt City – Forest of Cedar – Ifrane – Fez On the last day of our 3 days from Marrakech to Fes desert tour, we’ll wake you up early to enjoy fabulous sunrise in Sahara desert. After breakfast we will ride camel back to Merzouga town and get ready for the next destination. Our destination will be started by Errachidia via Erfoud , and palms grove of Ziz Valley where we’ll make a stop for the panoramic view. Continue to Midelt passing by Tizi N’talghoumte pass (1907m) to have lunch time there. Finally, we continue our way to Fes via Cedar Forest near to Azrou through Middle Atlas Mountains and stop there to see the barbarian apes, also we’ll stop for a while in Ifrane city referred to as “the Switzerland of Morocco”, arrive in the evening to Fes
IncludesPick up in & drop off in your accommodation. Comfortable with air-conditioned vehicle . English or French speaking driver. First night in the hotel Private Room Overnight in desert camp Private Tent 2 Breakfast and 2 dinner (vegetarians are welcome). Camel ride for sunset and sunrise (one camel each) Drop off at your Fes hotel or the closest accessible location to your riad if not car accessible. Visit all sights along the way.
- * Pick-up & drop-off at any accommodation in town or at the closest meeting point that is accessible by vehicle * This is a shared tour with maximum 17 participants * Your luggage is welcome on this trip. It will be safely stored in the van while camping in the desert * Please prepare a small backpack or rucksack for the camel ride and overnight in the camp. * Warm blankets are supplied during the winter. However, warm sleeping clothes are necessary as temperatures can reach 0°C * On the final day from merzouga desert to Fes is approximately 9 hours * The drive on day 3 from Erg Chebbi to Fes is quite long please be prepared * If you wish to experience sandboarding in the dunes of Erg Chebbi, there are a few sandboards in the lodge to take with you to the camp. Just ask for it; if available, you will be given one.