My Guide Website?
From Marrakech: Atlas Mountains Full-Day Hiking Trip3539 Reviews
Discover the Berber settlements of the High Atlas Mountains on a scenic trek through Ait Mizan, Targa and Imoula. Admire views of orchards in Tamatert and have lunch in a Berber house in Ait Souka.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Marrakech:If youʻre booking your trip to Marrakech last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Marrakesh: Ourika Valley & Atlas Mountains Day Tour
- From Marrakesh: Atlas Mountains Private Day Trip with Lunch
- Marrakech: 2-Day Zagora Desert & Kasbah Ait Benhaddou Tour
- From Marrakech: High Atlas Mountains and 5 Valleys Day Trip
- Marrakech: Street Food Tour by Night
- Visit the Berber villages of the High Atlas Mountains
- Go to the Imlil Valley
- Stop for lunch in a Berber home in Ait Souka
- Ride a camel in the Moulay Brahim Gorges or Takrkoust
- Visit a women's cooperative and enjoy free breakfast
DescriptionExplore the High Atlas Mountains on a full-day excursion and discover several Berber villages and scenic landscapes. Enjoy a 2 to 3-hour hike, ride a camel along picturesque trails, and enjoy a traditional lunch in a Berber household with local mint tea. Depart Marrakech in the morning and drive to the Moulay Brahim Gorges. Arrive at the main trailhead and experience the dramatic scenery on a camel ride. Hop back aboard the vehicle and pass Berber villages on your way through the Imlil Valley. Arrive at the village of Imlil where a local will welcome you with a glass of mint tea. Hike for hours to Armed, the highest and largest village in the Imlil Valley. Go by the hamlets of Ait Mizan, Targa, and Imoula on your hike to the Berber village of Ait Souka. Stop on the way at Tamatert, and take in sweeping views of ancient irrigation terraces for barley, corn, and vegetables. Admire cherry orchards and walnut trees before you reach the home of a Berber family in Ait Souka. Sip on a refreshing mint tea while savoring a traditional lunch in the home of a Berber family. Return by going down the other side of the valley through Taourirt and ride the van back to Marrakech at the end of the tour.
IncludesHotel pick-up and drop off Tansportation Guide Lunch Camel ride Mint tea Tea in a family house
- This is an easygoing trek, so anyone with a sense of adventure and in good physical condition is welcome to join Aït Souka has an elevation of 1,983 meters (6,506 feet)