My Guide Website?
From Marrakesh: 2-Day Mount Toubkal Trek54 Reviews
Visit Northern Africa and climb to the summit of Toubkal, the highest peak in the region. Along the way, you'll see the village of Imlil, the Toubkal Massif and the shrine of Sidi Chamarouch.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Marrakech:If youʻre booking your trip to Marrakech last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Enjoy a scenic ride from Marrakesh to Imlil
- Visit the shrine of Sidi Chamarouch
- Tour Imlil and explore Aremd and the Mizane Valley
- Trek to the highest peak of Mount Toukbal at 4,167 meters
- Soak in panoramic 360-degree-views
DescriptionOn the first day, ride to Imlil from Marrakesh and begin your trek. You'll head along the Ait Mizane Valley, pass through the village of Aremd and onto the shrine of Sidi Chamarouch. You’ll follow mule tracks into the high rocky cliffs, climbing steadily above the snow line until you reach the Toukbal Refuge. Rest here for the night. On the second day, you’ll follow the southern circle route. The climb itself is not highly strenuous, but scree and altitude changes may make it difficult in parts. Don't worry - there are plenty of views to distract you along the way. When you reach the summit, soak in the 360-degree-view. You'll see the Marrakech Plain and the High Atlas Mountains to the north, all the way to the Anti-Atlas Mountains and the Sahara Desert in the south. From the peak, you’ll head back down the mountain and return to Marrakesh via Imill.
IncludesLocal mountain guide Cook Accommodation: 1 night in Toubkal Refuge All meals Transport to/from Imlil Village Wifi
- You should take your equipment, and passport with you on the tour. If you don't have the equipment, you can rent it there In winter (when there is snow), crampons and ice picks may be required for a €10 rental fee. Your guide will arrange these if needed It is necessary to give your hotel or riad name during booking, so that pickup can be arranged