My Guide Website?
Marrakech to Fes 3 day 2 nights tour via merzouga desert6 Reviews
Discover the amazing views of the atlas mountains, visit the world heritage site ait ben Haddou .Enjoy a fantastic camel trekking in the sahara Desert of Erg chebbi and a magical night under the stars
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Marrakech:If youʻre booking your trip to Marrakech last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Cross the majestic Tizi N Tichka Pass the highest road in North Africa
- Visit the splendid Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou, listed by UNESCO as world heritage.
- Enjoy a Berber dinner & music at night under the stars in a Saharan desert camp
- Have fun in the sahara desert, spend a unique night under a starry
- Drive from Merzouga to Fes past the Middle Atlas Mountains and cedar woods
DescriptionDive deep into the Sahara Desert on a 3-day trip from Marrakesh to Fes with accommodation included. Immerse yourself in the local culture and scenery as you visit quaint villages, spend a night in the desert, and embark on a camel trek through the dunes. Day 1: Marrakech - Tizi n'Tichka - Ait Ben haddou - Ouarzazate - Rose Valley - Tinghir Begin early in the morning with a pickup from your Marrakech hotel or the nearest meeting point. Drive east past quaint villages to reach the High Atlas Mountains. As you drive through the mountains, occasionally stop for scenic photos, stretch your legs, and have a quick cup of coffee. After driving through the famous Tizi Ntichka pass, stop at the Berber fortified village, Ait Benhaddou Kasbah. See the filming locations of the Gladiator, Lawrence of Arabia, and the Kingdom of Heaven as you spend about 2.5 hours exploring this famous UNESCO sight with a local guide (guide fees not included). Purchase a delicious lunch before continuing to Tinghir, driving past Ouarzazate, Skoura Oasis, Klaa Mgouna, and Dades. Reach your hotel late in the afternoon. Relax with dinner in Tinghir before retiring for the night. Day 2: Tenghir - Todra Gorges - Tinjdad - Erfoud - Merzouga Dunes After breakfast, depart for the Erg Chebbi Sahara Desert in Merzouga. Pass through the many Berber villages scattered along the way, including Todra Gorges, Tenghir, Tinjdad, Jorf, and Erfoud. Relax in Merzouga, then pack a small overnight bag to take on your camel trek across the Erg Chebbi sand dunes. Arrive at a traditional Berber camp, leave the camels and walk to the highest dunes to watch the sunset. Spend the night in Berber nomad tents under the stars, listening to drum music in the middle of the Sahara. Day 3: Camel trek - Sunrise -Errachidia - Medilt- Atlas Mountains - Ifran- Fes Get up bright and early to see the stunning sunrise over the desert. Enjoy breakfast before hopping back on your camel. Once your reach Merzouga, begin your drive to Fes crossing the Ziz Valley through Errachidia. Around midday, stop in Midelt to buy lunch. Continue to Fes via Ifran Imouzzar with its Cedar Forests and Berber towns, which are both famous as winter ski resorts for Moroccans. Your driver might spot some Barbary apes on the way and seize the opportunity to take some pictures. Arrive at Fes late in the afternoon and end your tour with a drop-off at your accommodation
IncludesPick up in & drop off in your accommodation. Comfortable with air-conditioned vehicle . English or French speaking driver. First night in the hotel Private Room Overnight in desert camp Private Tent 2 Breakfast and 2 dinner (vegetarians are welcome). Camel ride for sunset and sunrise (one camel each) Drop off at your Fes hotel or the closest accessible location to your riad if not car accessible. Visit all sights along the way
- * Pick-up & drop-off at any accommodation in town or at the closest meeting point that is accessible by vehicle * This is a shared tour with maximum 17 participants * Your luggage is welcome on this trip. It will be safely stored in the van while camping in the desert * Please prepare a small backpack or rucksack for the camel ride and overnight in the camp. * Warm blankets are supplied during the winter. However, warm sleeping clothes are necessary as temperatures can reach 0°C * On the final day from merzouga desert to Fes is approximately 9 hours * The drive on day 3 from Erg Chebbi to Fes is quite long please be prepared * If you wish to experience sandboarding in the dunes of Erg Chebbi, there are a few sandboards in the lodge to take with you to the camp. Just ask for it; if available, you will be given one.