My Guide Website?
Marrakech Palmeraie: Sunset Camel Ride174 Reviews
Ride a camel around the huge palm trees of the Marrakech Palmeraie to experience the oasis from a different perspective. Visit a Berber house and enjoy typical snacks and mint tea with the family, and then watch the sunset from the saddle of your camel.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Marrakech:If youʻre booking your trip to Marrakech last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Ride a camel through the palm groves of the Marrakech Palmeraie
- Visit the home of a Berber family to enjoy refreshments and a mint tea
- Watch the sunset from a green oasis
- Journey in a small group for a more intimate experience
DescriptionDeparture Marrakech on a small group tour, and experience the green oasis of the Palmeraie from the top of a camel. Located on the fringes of the city, the Marrakech Palmeraie is the perfect place for a scenic camel ride and to watch the sunset at the end of the day. Get an introduction to your camel and learn how these hardy animals have been used as transport in Morocco for centuries thanks to their ability to travel long distances without water. After a safety briefing, put on the provided nomadic costume, including a sheish (turban) to protect you from the sun. Then, climb into the saddle and ride through the verdant palm grove for 30 minutes. Stop at a Berber house to experience the everyday life of the local people, and get a welcome snack and mint tea. Then, it's on your camel again to experience a beautiful sunset as the sky changes color through the trees. Once your ride is complete, travel back to Marrakech city center and get dropped off at your original pick-up point.
IncludesHotel pick-up and drop off Transportation by air-conditioned minivan or 4WD vehicle Multilingual guide Camel ride Use of a nomadic dress and 'sheish' (nomadic scarf to protect you from the sun) Visit to a Berber house Snack with Moroccan mint tea Small group tour All taxes Entrance fees Fuel
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children under 12 must be accompanied on the camel by an adult
- Conservative dress code is recommended in Morocco. Men and women should keep their knees and upper body (especially shoulders, chest and midriff) covered at all times as a sign of respect to the local culture. Wearing shorts is not recommended