My Guide Website?
Marrakech & Merzouga: Embracing the Desert's Charm in 3 Days3 Reviews
Experience the Moroccan Sahara on a 3-day safari from Marrakech to Merzouga. Spend the night in a Bedouin camp. Ride a camel to watch the sunset and sunrise. See Ouarzazate Kasbah and many more.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Marrakech:If youʻre booking your trip to Marrakech last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Discover the gates of the Sahara Desert at Ouarzazate
- Ride across the Erg Chebbi dunes on a camel
- Spend the night at a Bedouin camp
- See the famous Kasbah of Ait Ben Haddou
- Drive across the High Atlas Mountains
DescriptionDiscover the edge of the Sahara Desert on a three-day budget tour from Marrakech, and explore the dramatic landscapes of the Dades Valley and Kasbah of Ouarzazate. Ride across the dunes of Erg Chebbi by camel and sleep at a desert camp under the stars. Day 1: Marrakech - Ait Ben Haddou - Dades Begin your journey by crossing the High Atlas Mountains past one Berber village after another to the unesco world heritage site of Ait Ben Haddou. This village is famous for its kasbah and fortified village and has been used as a set for some famous Hollywood epics and magazine photo shoots. After some leisure time, enjoy lunch in a local restaurant and continue your drive through Ouarzazate, known as the Gate of the Sahara. Continue to Boumalne Dades, admiring the scenic drive along the Dades Valley, where you can enjoy dinner and rest for the night at Kasbah Amazigh or Hotel Chems. Day 2: Dades - Todgha Gorges - Merzouga Following breakfast, depart your hotel and drive to Tinghir and its dramatic Todgha Gorges, pausing for some free time to explore the canyons. Enjoy lunch at a local cafe and continue to Merzouga to meet your camel caravan. Experience the Erg Chebbi dunes on camelback and watch the sunset set. Reach your desert camp before nightfall and enjoy an authentic Moroccan dinner under the stars. Local nomads will provide entertainment and show you how to play the traditional Tam Tam drums. Enjoy dinner and an overnight stop. Day 3: Merzouga Ouarzazate - Marrakech Following an early wake-up to watch the sunrise before breakfast (optional), a driver will be waiting to pick you up for the transfer back to Marrakech. Stop halfway for lunch at a local restaurant. Get dropped off at your original departure point or Djemaa El Fna around 8 PM. You can also book upgrades for the night in the Bedouin camp such as the deluxe desert camp with a luxury private tent complete with an ensuite shower, bathroom facilities, and 5-star amenities. These upgrades need to be booked per person.
IncludesProfessional guide speaking Camel trekking experience in the Sahara Desert Sandboarding activity in the desert Drum music performance in the camp Accommodation in a hotel in Rose Valley Accommodation in the best Camp in Merzouga Sunrise and sunset views in the Sahara Desert
- - Note that driving times mentioned do not include sightseeing, lunch breaks, or photo stops. - This 3-day Merzouga Tour from Marrakech is ideal for easy-going travelers with moderate expectations. For a more personalized experience, consider a private tour. - Your luggage is welcome and will be securely stored in the van during the desert camping. - Prepare a small backpack or rucksack for the camel ride and overnight stay at the camp. - During winter, warm blankets are provided, but it's advisable to bring warm sleeping clothes as temperatures can drop to 0°C. - Don't forget to bring a hat, sunglasses, comfortable walking shoes, and wet wipes for the tour. - For the camel ride, it's recommended to wear jeans, trousers, or long shorts for a comfortable trek in the Erg Chebbi dunes. - If you're interested in sandboarding, inquire at the lodge to see if sandboards are available to take with you to the camp.