My Guide Website?
From Marrakech: Ouzoud Waterfalls Guided Hike and Boat Tour
See the Ouzoud Falls up close with a guided hike and a boat ride at the base of the waterfalls on a day trip from Marrakech. Admire the highest waterfalls in North Africa and see monkeys in the wild.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Marrakech:If youʻre booking your trip to Marrakech last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Enjoy the breathtaking beauty of the cascading Ouzoud waterfalls
- Pass through scenic olive and argan groves on a hike with a local guide
- Feel the thrill of getting up close to the Ouzoud falls on a boat ride
- See curious and playful monkeys in the wild prancing around the falls
- Discover rich local flavors with the option to purchase a Berber lunch
DescriptionSet out from Marrakech on a full-day excursion to the Ouzoud Waterfalls. As you travel the country, learn about the Berber culture. Take a boat ride to the falls and descend meandering slopes to take in the breathtaking sights. Start by with pickup at your hotel or riad before heading to one of North Africa's most breathtaking waterfalls, which is located 150 kilometers (93 mph) north of Marrakech. Admire views of the cascades that drop 360 feet (110 meters) into the pool below as you approach the settlement of Ouzoud. Learn about Berber culture as you follow your local guide through olive gardens to an argan oil cooperative. Make the most of the opportunity to admire the scenery and take photos. Keep going down the network of trails to reach a viewpoint where you can purchase fresh orange juice. Then, board a traditional boat for a brief trip to the pool at the base of the waterfalls. After that, savor a late Berber lunch while admiring the falls at a nearby eatery. Ascend a flight of stairs to leave the valley in the middle of the afternoon to catch your transfer back to Marrakech.
IncludesHotel/riad pickup and drop-off Bilingual driver Live guide in Ouzoud Boat ride Round-trip transportation air-conditioned minibus
- The walk from the top of the waterfalls to the bottom is steep in areas and uneven underfoot. Please come prepared with suitable footwear The guide will propose a restaurant for lunch overlooking the waterfalls. It costs around 10 euros and consists of a tagine, a small salad, bread, olives, fruit, and a bottle of water. You can choose to eat elsewhere if you prefer Lunch will be late (2:30 PM onwards) so have a big breakfast or pack snacks The travel time is 3 hours in each direction, with 4 hours spent in Ouzoud There are wild monkeys in the trees around the waterfalls. Be careful not to touch them or feed them, but you can watch them and take pictures Group tours will be split into separate language groups only once a minimum number has been reached