My Guide Website?
From Marrakech: Essaouira Day Trip with Hotel Pickup4 Reviews
Embark on a day trip to the historic seaside city of Essaouira from Marrakech. Enjoy the freedom to discover the highlights at your own pace, including the Ancient Medina and vibrant souks.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Marrakech:If youʻre booking your trip to Marrakech last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Walk to the fishing port of Essaouira and watch the blue boats.
- Visit Skala Kasbah, which was a citadel in the times of war.
- Explore some of the beautiful Essaouira art galleries scattered in the Medina.
- Stroll in the Medina of Essaouira, which can be explored at ease.
- Treat yourself to a seafood lunch at a local café terrace.
DescriptionYour day trip to Essaouira from Marrakech will begin with driving along the Haouz plains. Once in Chichaoua village, located halfway, stop for a cup of coffee before you continue your journey. Upon approaching Essaouira, you will cross the Argan trees forest, where you will spot some goats climbing the trees. Stop and take some photos before you carry on to Essaouira. To watch how the Argan oil (also called the liquid gold or Moroccan oil) is extracted, you will visit a local ladies’ cooperative to learn how some fine cosmetic products are made locally out of the rich Argan oil. From here, we will carry on to Essaouira. Upon arrival, you will explore the beautiful city at leisure. Out of experience, Exploring Essaouira is easy on your own: Locals are very friendly, the Medina is pretty small (compared to other old towns in Morocco), and its streets are in order. You definitely do not need a guide for the tour of the city. You can easily explore the Medina on your own as its streets are aligned opposite each other, unlike every other maze-like Medina in Morocco. Should you insist on one, your driver will help you hire a local guide. First, you can visit the harbor with its fishing port and old Portuguese fortifications. You can still see medieval war cannons aligned in order and overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. Please continue to the Medina ( old city ) with its well-kept fortification dating to the 18th century. The major landmark of the Medina is La Scala, which was built against foreign attacks from the sea. You can continue to Bab Laalouj ( One of the main gates of Essaouira, then to the Mellah ( the old Jewish quarter. Various art shops, galleries, souvenir shops, and Thuya wood craft shops are aligned in order. Choose one of the local cafes for a delicious seafood lunch and head to Kasbah, famous for having served as a military bastion. If you are a beach lover, enjoy a walk along the sandy beach of Mogador and maybe watch locals playing beach ball. If you are brave enough, why not join a game for a few minutes. People from Essaouira are amicable!! If not, you can sunbathe while watching waterspouts, amateurs kitesurfing, or windsurfing. Late in the afternoon, drive back to Marrakech, and your full-day tour to Essaouira will end with a drop off at your hotel or the nearest car-accessible point to your riad. (5 hours Drive)
IncludesPick up from your hotel or the nearest car accessible point to your Riad in Marrakech A/C modern minibus (no more than 17 passengers) driven by an English/French speaking driver Drop off at your hotel or Marrakech city center
- The distance between Marrakech and Essaouira is 190 Km (118 Miles) via R207. The driving time between Marrakech and Essaouira is 2 hours and 40 minutes. Our Shared Marrakech to Essaouira tour is not a guided tour. You will have an English-speaking driver until Essaouira; then, you will visit the city independently. Your driver can recommend a local guide if you wish ( fees to agree with him directly ). Honestly, Essaouira is easy to explore independently, and there is no need for a local guide.