My Guide Website?
3 Days Desert Sahara Tour From Marrakech To Merzouga Dunes1 Reviews
Set off on a 3-day tour from Marrakech to Merzouga. Discover the real Moroccan Sahara Desert in all its sand dunes, oases, Kasbahs, and rocky landscapes. Spend one night in a hotel and one in a camp under the stars.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Marrakech:If youʻre booking your trip to Marrakech last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Cross the majestic Tizi N Tichka Pass the highest road in North Africa
- Visit the splendid Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou, listed by UNESCO as world cultural
- Enjoy a beautiful sunset and sunrise over the golden sand dunes of Merzouga
- Stroll the Erg Chebbi dunes by camels and spend a night under nomadic tents
- Admire the landscape of the: high walls of Todra canyons, palm oasis
DescriptionDiscover Morrocco's desert on a 3-day trip from Marrakech. See the historic Ait Benhaddou Kasbah, go on a camel trek through the dunes, and see the sunrise from the desert. Day 1: Marrakech - Tizi n'Tichka - Ait Ben haddou - Ouarzazate - Rose Valley - Tinghir Your 3 days desert tour from Marrakech to Merzouga dunes begins early in the morning with a pickup from your Marrakech hotel or the nearest meeting point. Drive east past quaint villages to reach the High Atlas Mountains. As you drive through the mountains, occasionally stop for scenic photos, stretch your legs, and have a quick cup of coffee. After driving through the famous Tizi Ntichka pass, stop at the Berber fortified village, Ait Benhaddou Kasbah. See the filming locations of the Gladiator, Lawrence of Arabia, and the Kingdom of Heaven as you spend about 2.5 hours exploring this famous UNESCO sight with a local guide (guide fees not included). Enjoy a delicious lunch before continuing to Tinghir, driving past Ouarzazate, Skoura Oasis, Klaa Mgouna, and Dades. Reach your hotel late in the afternoon. Relax with dinner in Tinghir before retiring for the night. Day 2: Tenghir - Todra Gorges - Tinjdad - Erfoud - Merzouga Dunes After breakfast, depart for the Erg Chebbi Sahara Desert in Merzouga. Pass through the many Berber villages scattered along the way, including Todra Gorges, Tenghir, Tinjdad, Jorf, and Erfoud. After relaxing in Merzouga, pack a small overnight bag to take on your camel trek across the Erg Chebbi sand dunes. Arrive at a traditional Berber camp, leave the camels and walk to the highest dunes to watch the sunset. Spend the night in Berber nomad tents under the stars, listening to drum music in the middle of the Sahara. Day 3: Camel trek - Sunrise -Tinghir - Rose Valley - Atlas Mountains - Marrakech Get up bright and early to see the stunning sunrise over the desert. Enjoy breakfast before hopping back on your camel. Once your reach Merzouga, begin your drive back to Marrakech. Around midday, stop in Kalaat M'Gouna (Rose Valley) for lunch and a well-earned rest. Continue to Marrakesh via Ouarzazate and reach your hotel in the evening.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Transportation in an air-conditioned vehicle Driver/guide 1 night in a hotel with dinner and breakfast 1 night in a private desert tent with dinner and breakfast Camel trek Sunset camel trekking in Erg Chebbi (1 camel per person) Sunrise camel trekking in Erg Chebbi (1 camel per person) Dinner and breakfast (vegetarian option available) Free time to explore
- *The standard desert camp is located in the middle of the dunes with a bathroom /shower outside the tent. *The luxury desert camp is located in the middle of the dunes, with a bathroom/shower inside the tent *Keep in mind that there is a long drive (approximately 10 hours) on day 3 from Erg Chebbi to Marrakech. This tour is not suitable for children because of this *Vegetarian and vegan diets can be accommodated if communicated at the time of booking *Pickup & drop-off at any accommodation in town or at the closest meeting point that is accessible by vehicle. Pickup is not available from accommodations located more than 5 miles (8 km) from Jemaa El Fna Square